The deadlift is one of the most celebrated exercises among the gym-going crowd! Classified as a compound lift, because it engages multiple muscle groups, deadlift if performed in the right form has immense benefits. It improves the core muscles, strengthens the back, and also improves the strength to a great extent, apart from burning a lot of calories ofcourse!
Since this exercise involves the back and spine, it is extremely crucial to do this in the correct form.
- Stand with a barbell on floor, feet hip-width apart, toes under the bar.
- Push your hips back, keeping your core tight and your spine neutral as you squat down. Your back should remain flat, NOT curved.
- Grasp the bar with your hands. Your hands should be placed on the bar slightly wider than your thighs.
- Keep knees soft and push through your heels as you lift.
- Pull the bar up so your hips and the bar rise at the same time, keeping the bar close to your body as you lift.
- Finish in a tall stance with a glute squeeze at the top.
- Slowly lower the bar to the ground while hinging at the hips.
- Perform 10 to 12 reps and rest for at least 30 to 60 seconds between sets. Work up to 3 sets.
It is EXTREMELY important that you DO NOT arch or bend your back while lifting. This is to make sure that the weight is supported by your leg muscles and not on your spine! Also, keep the spine neutral (i.e neck to tail bone in one line and not lifting the head up or arching the back)
The same exercise can also be done using dumbbells too. This exercise can be done by both men and women alike, and the amount of strength that one could gain with this is immense!
Published : [email protected] - 02/26/2020
Benefits of Organic Foods: Are They Healthier and More Nutritious?
You might be wondering why the term “organic” is relatively new and is,…
Feb 28, 2022
Health Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Milk/Golden Milk Every Day
Have you ever wondered what golden milk is and why so many people…
Feb 10, 2022
HDL vs LDL Cholesterol: What’s the Difference? An Ultimate Guide
Living a healthy life free of diseases and conditions is crucial. An individual…
Jan 27, 2022