Office Ergonomics is the science of designing the office work station, such that it is comfortable and allows for maximum productivity and efficiency.
1) Rest your arms on an arm-rest most of the times. Else, the neck and shoulder muscles will be strained
2) Watch your head position, and try to keep the weight of your head directly above its base of support (neck). Don’t “crane” your head and neck forward.
3) Do not slouch, as it puts more pressure on the vertebrae. Use the lumbar support of your chair (the lower side of the backrest). Avoid sitting in a way that places body weight more on one than on the other, also avoid leaning and reaching forward
4) The monitor should be placed directly in front of you, with the top no higher than eye level. The keyboard should be directly in front of the monitor so you don’t have to frequently turn your head and neck.
5) Talking on the phone with the phone receiver held between the neck and ear is really bad practice.
6) The keyboard and the mouse should be close enough to prevent excessive reaching which strains the shoulders and arms.
7) Avoid straining eyes by making sure that the monitor is not too close; it should be at least an arm’s length away.
8) You can rest your eyes periodically for several seconds by looking at objects at a distance to give your eyes a break.
9) The feet should not be dangling when you are seated. If your feet don’t comfortably reach the floor or there is pressure on the backs of your legs, use a footrest or lower the keyboard and chair. The feet should also be bend at nearly 90 degrees to be comfortable
Published : firstname.lastname@example.org - 02/26/2020
Oil & fat types!
Did you know which oil should you be having? 1) Oil is always a mix of different types of fat 2) Scientists are divided on the health impact of saturated…
Corona causing anxiety & depression?
“Where ever you go, I’m there – Gadha Jam!” All malayalees are familiar with the above movie dialogue, from the famous Mohanlal movie – “Vandanam” Well, Corona seem to…
What is clean eating? Is clean eating a myth?
Latest buzz word among the health conscious people is – “Clean Eating” What exactly is clean eating? Will clean eating help you to become healthy and fit? Clean eating, in…