Did you know which oil should you be having?
1) Oil is always a mix of different types of fat
2) Scientists are divided on the health impact of saturated fat on heart health. We suggest it is better to keep the intake below 10% of the total calorie intake
3) Unsaturated fat is heart-healthy. It can be mono or poly
4) Among polyunsaturated fat, Omega 3 type is anti-inflammatory, while omega 6 is pro-inflammatory
5) For deep frying and cooking at high temp, always use saturated fat (coconut oil, butter, ghee etc)
6) Unsaturated can turn into dangerous transfat at high heat
7) It is a good idea to use a 2-3 types of oil, saturated fat for high heat cooking and frying, while unsaturated fat for low heat cooking
However, as a thumb rule, ALWAYS keep the oil intake low – irrespective of whichever oil it is!
Published : [email protected] - 05/23/2020
Fibromyalgia – Diet, Exercise & Management
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disease that affects millions worldwide. Women are more…
Jan 31, 2023
Don’t Let H-Pylori Ruin Your Digestive Health: Here’s What You Need to Know!
H. pylori (Helicobacter pylori) is a type of bacteria that can infect the…
Jan 26, 2023
Aerobic vs Anaerobic Exercises: Which is Best for You?
Which exercise is best for you? That really depends on a few factors…
Jan 25, 2023
HDL vs LDL Cholesterol: What’s the Difference? An Ultimate Guide
Living a healthy life free of diseases and conditions is crucial. An individual should take extra care of their lifestyle ...
Jan 27, 2022
5 Common Cholesterol Myths and Facts Behind It
People believe several myths regarding health, right from ancient times. These myths could do more harm than good. Health ...
May 11, 2021
Ashwagandha – Muscle gain, testosterone, benefits & side effects
Ashwagandha is a herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is also known as "Indian ginseng" due to its supposed abilit...
Jan 19, 2023
Magnesium Supplement – Health Benefits, Side Effects and Dietary Sources
Magnesium is a mineral that plays an important role in many functions, viz - blood pressure regulation, proper muscle and ...
Jan 17, 2023