Omega – 3 is a type of Polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) that is seen in fish, nuts, algae, flax seeds, etc that has amazing health benefits
ALA is seen in plant-based products such as walnut, flax seeds, canola, etc, while EPA & DHA are seen in krill oil, fish, algae, etc. In terms of health benefits and requirements, EPA & DHA are considered to be superior in function and requirement by the human body.
- Helps to build cell membranes throughout the body
- Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory in nature. Omega-3 works to lessen the effects of inflammation by blocking multiple inflammation pathways in the cell. Hence, it is particularly helpful for those with Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, etc
- Omega 3 also helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brain function
- It also helps in reducing the triglycerides level in the human body
- Omega 3, especially DHA is very important for retinal health and eyesight.
- An adequate amount of Omega 3 is particularly important during pregnancy for fetal development
- Some research suggests Omega 3’s ability to fight diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Omega 3 is also claimed to be helpful for those with NAFLD (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver)
- Omega 3, especially EPA is claimed to help even fight depression & anxiety
- Omega 3 also claims to reduce your insulin resistance of the cells and also improve metabolism to a great extent.
- There are non-conclusive claims of Omega 3 helping in reducing the cancer threat.
Published : [email protected] - 02/26/2020
Stretches & Warmups
Stretches improve the flexibility and makes your muscles more supple, there by improving…
Feb 4, 2020
Collagen is a protein that forms the part of our nails, bones, teeth,…
Feb 19, 2020
How do muscles grow?
Hypertrophy refers to the enlargement of an organ or tissue by increasing the…
Feb 26, 2020
Fitness, Health & Well Being – How are they different?
Most of us believe that being fit is healthy. But, is that true?
We have seen th...
Apr 9, 2021
Is your child overweight, or overweight?
Is your child over weight or obese? Are you looking for a weight loss plan for your child?
Bur before ...
Apr 8, 2021