Food gives us energy(calorie) in the form of protein, fat, and carbs (macros). The micro-nutrients in food (Vitamins & Minerals) while does not provide energy, they are important for many bodily functions.
The weight gain or loss depends on the law of conservation of energy & mass. To gain weight, you need to be in a calories surplus and for losing calories deficit. This means, that there are no magic foods!
Hence proved that –
- Even if you overeat the supposedly “healthy” food (calorie surplus) you will gain weight
- One healthy meal or one day of eating within calories is not going to make you healthy
- One day of overeating is not going to make you unhealthy either
- Rice does not make you fat, excess calories does! Carbs are not bad
- You might limit your calorie intake for one meal, say breakfast. But if you spoil it in lunch & dinner, then your effort for breakfast does not count.
- Consistency always wins in the long term.
- And for consistency, your fitness plan has to be flexible & sustainable. Learn to eat your rice, sambar, aviyal, chicken, fish and yet be healthy
- Supplements are meant to “supplement” only..and nothing else!!!! They are not the superfood they are claimed or advertised as
- Last but not least – If some claim is too good to be true, then it is probably NOT true!
Published : [email protected] - 02/26/2020
What is Omega 3 ? What are its benefits?
Omega – 3 is a type of Polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) that is…
Feb 26, 2020
Why is BMI the wrong indicator
BMI = Weight in kg divided by the square of height in meters!…
Feb 4, 2020
How many hours of sleep is needed for good health?
Well, you already know that a minimum of 7 – 8 hours of…
Feb 26, 2020
Fitness, Health & Well Being – How are they different?
Most of us believe that being fit is healthy. But, is that true?
We have seen th...
Apr 9, 2021
Is your child overweight, or overweight?
Is your child over weight or obese? Are you looking for a weight loss plan for your child?
Bur before ...
Apr 8, 2021
Fat cells do not die! They only shrink and is ready for future storage!
YES! You heard that right. When you lose weight or lose body fat after dieting and exercise, you do not lose ...
Mar 5, 2020
Is Diet Coke safe?
Diet Soda has Zero Calories! It can be helpful to quench the sugar cravings for the diabetic population and t...
Mar 1, 2020