Food gives us energy(calorie) in the form of protein, fat, and carbs (macros). The micro-nutrients in food (Vitamins & Minerals) while does not provide energy, they are important for many bodily functions.
The weight gain or loss depends on the law of conservation of energy & mass. To gain weight, you need to be in a calories surplus and for losing calories deficit. This means, that there are no magic foods!
Hence proved that –
- Even if you overeat the supposedly “healthy” food (calorie surplus) you will gain weight
- One healthy meal or one day of eating within calories is not going to make you healthy
- One day of overeating is not going to make you unhealthy either
- Rice does not make you fat, excess calories does! Carbs are not bad
- You might limit your calorie intake for one meal, say breakfast. But if you spoil it in lunch & dinner, then your effort for breakfast does not count.
- Consistency always wins in the long term.
- And for consistency, your fitness plan has to be flexible & sustainable. Learn to eat your rice, sambar, aviyal, chicken, fish and yet be healthy
- Supplements are meant to “supplement” only..and nothing else!!!! They are not the superfood they are claimed or advertised as
- Last but not least – If some claim is too good to be true, then it is probably NOT true!
Published : firstname.lastname@example.org - 02/26/2020
Corona causing anxiety & depression?
“Where ever you go, I’m there – Gadha Jam!” All malayalees are familiar with the above movie dialogue, from the famous Mohanlal movie – “Vandanam” Well, Corona seem to…
Oil & fat types!
Did you know which oil should you be having? 1) Oil is always a mix of different types of fat 2) Scientists are divided on the health impact of saturated…
What is clean eating? Is clean eating a myth?
Latest buzz word among the health conscious people is – “Clean Eating” What exactly is clean eating? Will clean eating help you to become healthy and fit? Clean eating, in…