Vitamin B or better known as B Vitamins is a water-soluble vitamin, which is not one, but a series of 8 different types of molecules. They are important for converting food into energy in our body, apart from other different roles.
- Vit B-1 (Thiamin) is vital to the healthy growth and function of organs, especially brain & heart.
- Vit B-2 (Riboflavin) helps in breaking down fats and drugs.
- Vit B-3 (Niacin) helps maintain healthy skin, nerves, and also digestion.
- Vit B-5 (Pantothenic acid) for the health of the brain and nervous system.
- Vit B-6 (Pyridoxine) helps the body make new red blood cells and keep the immune system strong.
- Vit B-7 (Biotin) essential for healthy hair, nails, and nerve function.
- Vit B-9 (Folic acid) or folate, its natural form is needed to make DNA. During pregnancy, folic acid may reduce the risk of certain birth defects. This is why pregnant women often take folic acid supplement
- Vit B-12 (Cobalamin) required for blood cells and nerves and prevents anemia
Other than VitB12, our body cannot store these vitamins for longer durations and hence needs to be regularly replenished through food. Organ meat, Egg, Leafy veggies, fruits, and legumes are good sources of these 8 varieties of B Vitamins.
Deficiency of B Vitamins leads to mouth ulcers, anemia, skin disorders and even increased risk of birth defect in pregnancy
Published : [email protected] - 02/19/2020
Does eating rice make you fat?
Let me straight away answer that question for you! NO! Rice does not…
Feb 1, 2020
Liver Function Test
The liver is the principal detoxing organ that detoxes our blood. It is…
Feb 21, 2020
An easy trick to LOSE WEIGHT in 10 days
Sorry! No such tricks exist. You gained the excessive weight/body fat in many…
Feb 26, 2020
What Causes Low BP? How to Increase Low Blood Pressure?
Abnormal blood pressure, whether it is low or high, is a matter of concern. Low blood pressure, commonly known as hypotens...
Jul 21, 2021
Top Benefits of Drinking Jeera Water and Side Effects You Should Know
Jeera, or cumin, is an intensely aromatic spice, well-liked for its warm flavour accompanied by a bit of both sweetness an...
May 29, 2021