Knee pain is one of the most common musculo-skeletal issues that takes people to a doctor. The cause of this can be highly varied and so are the treatments/pain-relieving methods! Here are some of the most common knee issues –
- Osteoarthritis – caused due to the degeneration of joints mostly due to age-related issues (Read http://bit.ly/2mYTDTc)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) – an autoimmune degeneration of joints and bones as the body itself attacks the joints and adjacent tissues (Read http://bit.ly/2mYTDTc)
- Gout (Uric Acid) – Also a kind of arthritis, caused due to the build-up of uric acid that is formed from purine (found in protein). Read http://bit.ly/2nMe7i9
- Ligament Tear – Ligaments are fibrous bands that connect one bone to another. There are 4 ligaments in knee – ACL, PCL, MCL & LCL. The most commonly seen is ACL tear (Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Read http://bit.ly/2mOXJxj)
- Tendinitis / Tendon Tear – This is due to the inflammation of tendons. Tendons are fibrous bands similar to the ligament, but connect a bone to a muscle
- Meniscus Tear – Meniscus is a cartilage tissue that is like a cushion between the femur (bone from hip to knee) and tibia (bone from knee to the feet). Due to physical activites, this cartilage tissue can get inflamed or even tore.
- Patella dislocation – Patella is the small bone which is the knee cap. A sudden jerk or jump can cause dislocation
Arthritis knee pain can be managed and improved to a great extent through the right kind of nutrition and exercises. Majority of the injuries/tears may need surgical intervention and your orthopedic surgeon is the right person to help. However, improving the muscular ability of muscles around the knee is highly crucial in reducing the pain and reducing chances of further injury. Exercises, as suggested by a physio, will help in this regard
To know more WhatsApp @ +91 7994999914
To make an appointment online click here :https://bit.ly/2Xof415
Watch videos @ https://bit.ly/30fMk7U
Published : firstname.lastname@example.org - 02/26/2020
Oil & fat types!
Did you know which oil should you be having? 1) Oil is always a mix of different types of fat 2) Scientists are divided on the health impact of saturated…
Corona causing anxiety & depression?
“Where ever you go, I’m there – Gadha Jam!” All malayalees are familiar with the above movie dialogue, from the famous Mohanlal movie – “Vandanam” Well, Corona seem to…
What is clean eating? Is clean eating a myth?
Latest buzz word among the health conscious people is – “Clean Eating” What exactly is clean eating? Will clean eating help you to become healthy and fit? Clean eating, in…